Hon. Suzanne K. Nusbaum, FCIArb
International Law ADR Panelist for:
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- ICC Dispute Resolution Services
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Dispute Resolution Centre
- Ad hoc arbitrations under UNCITRAL Rules
Judge Nusbaum has arbitrated, mediated and helped parties to settle International disputes.
- American Bar Association
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators: Fellow. Northern California Chapter Chair 2008-2015
- Copyright Society
- International Bar Association
- Willem C. Vis International Arbitration Moot, guest arbitrator/memorial judge 2008-2014. Second Round Ranking. 2012-2014.
- Jessup International Moot Court, Chinese National Rounds Judge 2006-2015, 2017-2019. Best Judge 2011. Most Inspirational Judge 2010.
Commercial: Claim by a distributor against a manufacturer for breach of a distribution agreement. Sole Arbitrator, International Centre for Dispute Resolution.
Employment: A Seafarer claim for personal injury. Sole Arbitrator, International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)/AAA.
Employment: Claims for breach of employment agreement, breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, and retaliation in violation of CA Labor Code Sec. 1102.5. Sole Arbitrator. International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)/AAA.
Intellectual Property. Claims of breach of a Proprietary Information Agreement, with issues of violation of a non-competition agreement, trademark infringement, and use of a confusingly similar domain name. Request for injunctive relief, transfer of domain name ownership. Sole Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association.
Breach of Contract. Claims for fraudulent inducement to enter a Licensing Agreement, breach of the Licensing Agreement, breach of the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing, unjust enrichment, punitive damages, and attorneys’ fees, costs. Arbitration Panel Chair, International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR/AAA).
Seafarer work injury claims. Bahamanian and Panamanian substantive Law. Hearing location: Manila. Amount in controversy: $950,000. ICDR sole arbitrator.
Trademark and copyright. Unfair competition. Motion to compel Hong Kong arbitration. Arbitration counsel, U.S. District Court, CA Central Div.
- California International Arbitration Summit, American Arbitration Association/ International Centre for Dispute Resolution, December 1, 2016, 3.25 hours
- Arbitral Subpoenas: Questions Abound, Answers Can Be Found; Emerging Importance of Cross Cultural Competency in ADR; eDiscovery: What Every Arbitrator Needs to Know; Decades of Experience: A Conversation with Distinguished Arbitrators. 2016 AAA/ICDR/Mediation.org Panel Conference, February 19-20, 2016, New Orleans, LA.
- A Guide to the New ICDR Procedures, The International Centre for Dispute Resolution, December 10, 2014, 1 hour.
- Institute for Transnational Arbitration. Restating the US Law of International Commercial Arbitration: Between the “Domestic” and the International, by Professor George A. Berman, October 8, 2014, 1 hour.
80 Hunnewell Ave., Phippsburg, Me., 04562, USA